Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Design Team at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog


Wow, I am truly excited to be part of a new challenge blog, Retro Rubber Challenge Blog as a Mod Squad Team Member.  In my recent foray into cleaning, organizing, and (yes) purging I started to count my stamps and recognized I have many stamps that I purchased more than 20 years ago!  A design team call went out and for me it was a perfect fit!  The theme statement read "Retro Rubber Challenge Blog encourages you to use "retro" stamps.  Breathe new life into your old loves.  Break out your older, unloved stamps that are 1 year or older for our challenges."

First Grade Neva
I started stamping in earnest about 20 years ago, but my first stamps I purchased probably 30 years ago.  My mom and siblings crafted our way through childhood, and I have many of my treasured items even from this period.  My mother trained me well, that crafting is a healthy outlet for creativity.


My obsession with the wonderful art of rubber stamping began shortly after I suffered from a closed head brain injury and was not able to do many of the things I did before my injury for relaxation and fitness.  During my recovery period I started collecting stamps and taking a few classes.  I subscribed to RubberStampMadness, Vamp Stamp News, and Somerset Studios.  I read about new techniques and tried out different inks and stamps.  I frequented two stamp stores and my local Michaels to feed my addiction to rubber and ink.  The local yearly stamp convention was a highlight for me; all that unmounted rubber and access to vendors from across the U.S. was so much fun!

Fast forward a few years and I was teaching classes at two different stamp stores.   I also submitted cards to a few submission calls and was fortunate to be published twice in 1997.  (See my crafting resume)  Now I stamp, scrapbook, and create home décor in my “spare” time. 

Thanks for reading and please come join us for the Retro Challenge, which will be posted November 4th.  So it is time to break out your retro stamps and join the fun by trying out some new techniques.


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Christine and congrats to you as well!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Congratulations to you AND Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Neva, it is indeed going to be fun :) What a lovely page, with a sweet story to go with it, you all look really happy. Cx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!