Friday, January 23, 2015

Fashion Statement, or Yes, I had to Scrap This!


Yes, I had to scrap this! My husband thinks these photos are absolutely hilarious, and loves that I have created this page for all three of our kids, yes I completed this layout in triplicate.  Our boys had been home just six weeks or so when their big sister decided to help them dress up!




I’ve been the card making mode for awhile be decided to switch gears and get back to scrapping some pages for the kid’s albums.  Since I have a huge stash and no LSS I really need to start using some stuff up.  I headed over to Scrap Our Stash and used the January challenge as a jump start to start a plan.

I ended up with the following options for the TWINE challenge:
T for textile and texture
W for washi tape
I for ink
N for Netting
E for eyelets, and embossing both pressure and heat versions

I started with Technique Tuesday’s Scalloped Textile circle and dyed them with Adirondack Brights Alcohol Ink in Sunshine Yellow and Sunset Orange.  The circle centers are Spellbinders Standard Circles Small with one Classic Scalloped Circles Large.  The sentiments and flourishes are stamped in Tsukineko Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black and clear embossing powder.  (Technique Tuesday-Whirly Gigs, Scrapbook It; Autumn Leaves-Golden Moments by Maryanne Wise, Funky Flowers; Fiskars-Layer Away Dots)

The base of the layout is Wausau Textures card stock in black, followed by lavender card stock (unknown), Core’dinations pink card stock pressure embossed with Darice Large Petal Background, Karen Foster Doodle Flowers printed paper, and unknown netting in purple. 

The washi tape is by Recollections.  Unfortunately most of my eyelets are not labeled so I have no clue to manufacturer any of the fun flower eyelets on this really fun layout.  It is not often I will put flowers on a layout for my boys.


4 comments:

  1. You gotta scrap the silly moments, love that badge for sure! Love that you stamped and made your embells layered :). (Kate-SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job with the challenge! I think my boys would disown me if I posted photos of them dressed like girls. Kudos to you for not only capturing the memory but also scrapping it! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun layout. Really worth to document it. Awesome! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!