Sunday, May 10, 2015

Anything But a Card Challenge #47 Inspired by the Masters


First off, Happy Mother's Day!  This is a gift that I did send to my mother . . . which she has now, so I can post about it's creation!

This month at Anything But a Card the theme is inspiration from the Masters.  I immediately thought of French Impressionist Claude Monet (1840-1926) and an exhibit of his paintings I was fortunate to view at the Portland Art Museum sometime in the 90’s.  


The image that I associate with Monet is one of water lilies.  No surprise when I researched the topic that Monet painted approximately 250 oil paintings of the lovely Water Lily.  His main focus of his art in the last thirty years of his life was his gardens and ponds that he created around his home.


Naturally I wanted to use an image of Water Lilies that is similar to Claude Monet’s Impressionistic style, so I “had” to go shopping, and found this image at Serendipity Stamps.  The next conundrum to what to stamp the image on . . . on a trip to the local M’s and I found this ceramic wall hanging in the perfect size.  I pulled out my StazOn inks and decided on Forest Green to stamp the image.   I truth I practiced on some paper by tracing the circle and stamping the image and practicing the water color technique discussed below.

 

I colored on my craft mat with Faber Casteel Gelatos and spritzed the colors with water to activate them.  I used Cotton Candy, Boysenberry, Blueberry, Lime, Green Tea, Spearmint, Lavender, and Guava.  Using quick strokes and two sizes of brushes the wall hanging was complete in less than 20 minutes!  I tested the surface to see if the gelatos would rub off or be moved on the ceramic with more water.   With the StazOn permanent ink and gelatos the pigments are staying put!  I am going to have to try this technique on a few more ceramic items!  To add a finishing touch I stamped Heartfelt Creations Uplifiting Scripture in Tsukineko StazOn Forest Green.  It doesn't seem to matter if the Gelatos are used under or over the stamped images.  Give this a try and see how easy it was to create a simple but beautiful gift!

Come on over and join us at Anything But a Card and make a creation inspired by the Masters! 


I would also like to enter the following Challenges with the project:

5 comments:

  1. Lovely gift made with inspiration from the Masters. Thank you for sharing what was used to color it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully done with your Gelato coloring!! Water Lilies are really beautiful flowers!! Such a creative and fun project here! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Tuesday Throwdown Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful design of inspiration. Love the image, details, and Scripture. Awesome! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
    Huggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful work of art

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous. I love how it looks. Thanks you for playing at Loves Rubberstamps!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!