Wednesday, September 2, 2015

It's a Man's World at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges


Our new challenge for the next fortnight is “It’s a Man’s World” at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges.  So create a fun card or project that celebrates the men in your life and join us!  Last year the birthday card I created for my dear husband was a rush job.  We were in the midst of school sports and his special day snuck up on me.  But being a card maker, I had to create a card STAT!  So this year I decided I would be ahead of the game (his birthday isn’t for another 2 months!) and use this opportunity to make him a fun card.   For me, steam punk screams masculine, and it was time to dig out my Tim Holtz stash and play a little. 

Front

The base card started as 8” x 12” card stock scored and folded into thirds.  The first diagonal is 1 ½” from the top and the second diagonal is 3” from the top edge.  After cutting the diagonals I decorated the edges, which would show from the front of the card.  I used Stamper’s Anonymous Steampunk set as well as an Inkadinkado Steampunk Collage image.  All the images are stamped in Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black then sponged with Ranger Distress Ink in Weathered Wood.  The inside sentiment is from Hero Art’s It’s Your Day set.

Inside

I selected 4 different tags to stamp with the same images and used Idea-ology Remnant Rules: Numbers and Elements to add variety.    To create the greeting I used All Night Media’s Rubber Stamp Poet set (“Time”, “for” and “a”) along with Hero Art’s It’s Your Day “birthday”.  Two Ideo-ology Fragments are decorated with selected rub ons.  Sprocket Gears, Mini Paper Clips, and Film Strip Ribbon add the final touches to the card.  If you look closely the Film Strip Ribbon has a “52” in two frames for dear husband’s birthday.   
 
Details of the tags

I made a pocket from the front section, which is covered with Coredinations Color Core in Weathered Wood that is pressure embossed with Sizzix Pocket Watches.  The inside pocket is created from a second Sizzix Steampunk Gears embossed card stock.  The embossing folders are only 5 ½” x 4 ¼” so the top edge was stamped and inked.  The embossed card stock was adhered to create the pockets.  The card was a bit flimsy with all the decoration so I backed the card with another piece of embossed Weathered Wood but choose to show the reverse side which was inked with Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black.

Back
I had a blast creating this card!  Dear Husband has gotten many a hand-made card from me, but this is the most intricate and detailed of the whole lot!  Hope he likes it!

Come and join the fun at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges and play along with #112 "It's a Man's World"!

I would like to enter this very fun card in a few challenges:

5 comments:

  1. This looks so gorgeous!

    Hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely masculine card. i'm sure your husband will love it. thank you for sharing it with us over at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx
    http://craf-ther.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous masculine card. Thank you so much for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge Blog this week. Hugs Traci DT xx
    Visit me at http://craftycrested.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous male themed card. I love all the detail.

    Thanks for sharing in my No Patterned Papers Challenge.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and funky project. Thank you so much for entering The Cat's Pajamas TCP Tuesday challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!