Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Happy Halloween for RRBC25


We have a really fun challenge over at Retro Rubber BlogChallenge for the next two weeks.  Show us your Spooky images and share in the creativity!



I am not a super big fan of decorating for Halloween, and my stamp images reflect that as well.  However I do have these two really fun dancing skeletons that have been around for at least 10 years.  With a little research I determined the stamps were made by Stamp Franscisco.



Since skeletons are best shown in white, I stamped the images on black card stock with Tsukineko Versa Magic Cloud White and heat embossing them with detail white embossing powder.  I used card stock left over from a Halloween layout that was perfect for this card, My Minds Eye Night Light in Dotted Corn to frame the image.  Bazzill card stock in burnt orange backs the Dotted corn perfectly.  Both were trimmed to size and the smaller oval from Spellbinders Petite Ovals Small was die cut through both layers.  The larger oval was die cut from the Dotted Corn in a second step.  The sentiment is from Rubber Stampede set that was originally mounted on foam and purchased from Michaels at least 18 years ago.  It is stamped in Tsukineko Versa Magic Cloud White and heat embossing them with detail white embossing powder.  The deckle torn edges were inked two at a time and also heat embossed.  With the sentiment I was purposely not as careful with the embossing powder to give it a more rustic look to match the design of the card.  The black card stock is adhered to an A2 size Kraft card stock base.  The frames are adhered with dimensional foam adhesive.

Please come around and check out the rest of the Mod Squad’s creations at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge and join us with your own Spook Us project.

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

15 comments:

  1. Super cute card. I'm loving the window look here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neva, this is such a fun card! The skeletons are so cute (can skeletons be cute? Well, I think these ones are!!!) What a great Halloween card! Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi this is a fantastic card. Thank you for joining us at Fantasy Stampers Challenge 47 “Fright Night (Halloween)” Hugs Jackie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you did with the sentiment - using a less that pristeen application of ink and EP really gives a marvelous distressed look to the words. Nicely done!! Don't ya love it when you can dig out something that old and still use it! Thank you for sharing your project and creativity with us at Aud Sentiments for our Halloween Sentiment challenge!
    ~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT
    Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dancing sketetons-they look like they are having fun. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Halloween Challenge.
    KatieO
    DL.ART-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, those skeletons are great and the cheerful orange goes perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge.
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in loooove with that adorable dancing skeleton! He makes me smile and giggle big time! Love your card so much! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic!!!! I love your skeletons. What a super fun hallow ween card
    Thanks for joining the DL.ART #166 Challenge!! Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog I'm now following you also.
    Have a blessed day, DIANA L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Neva, I love your card, dancing skeletons?! Very cool. I too have a limited selection of Halloween stamps, partly because I am English and also because it happens to be my wedding Anniversary and my Hubby likes me to steer clear of 'halloween' themed cards..Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neva, what a fantastic card! I adore the dancing skeletons. The vintage look is perfect with the images... love it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely adorable! If you must make a spooky card, it might as well make you laugh at the same time! That's what I love about your card - dancing skeletons are a funny thought, aren't they? Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Halloween card! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments, hope to see you again soon and good luck!
    Jennifer, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously...who has dancing skeletons? Neva - that's who! These images are adorable and not scary and totally need top hats and canes! Adorable! Well done friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right tops hats and canes would be perfect!

      Delete
  14. Great card - stamping in white on black looks great.

    Thanks for joining us at the Fantasy Stampers challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!