Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Happy Birthday a Male Version


To start the new year off at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge we have a sketch to help design your card.   



My card is already in it’s recipient’s hands, as my brother’s birthday is in late December and this was a perfect sketch to use some of my older stamps from Heartfelt Creation’s All Geared Up collection.  These have been in my collection since Oct of 2014, and unfortunately they are no longer available.  I am glad I purchased them when I could as they are perfect for masculine cards!



1.     The card base is a 6 Bar Recollections Kraft card and envelope set. 
2.     The edge of the card is sponged with Memento Luxe Teal Zeal and a sponge dauber.
3.     Die Cuts With a View solid cork is trimmed to 4 ¾” x 5 ¼”.  Two strips of the All Geared Up collection are trimmed to 1 ½” x 6 ½” and ¾” x 6 ½”.  The narrow strip is torn using a deckle edge ruler by Plaid. 
4.     The sentiment and image are stamped on the cork with Memento Luxe Teal Zeal.
5.     The nail-head brads are colored by rolling them on the StazOn Timber Brown ink pad using a pair of tweezers. 
6.     The card is assembled as shown and adhered together.

Supplies:
·      Imagine Crafts by Tsukienko:  Memento Luxe Teal Zeal, StazOn Timber Brown, sponge dauber
·      Heartfelt Creations:  All Geared Up paper collection, Nuts & Bolts precut set, Tarnished Gears precut set (no longer available)
·      Recollections 6 Bar Kraft Card base & envelope
·      DCWV Solid Cork collection
·      Plaid Deckle edged ruler
·      Tweezers, adhesive

Please do stop by the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog and check out the rest of the wonderful takes on this sketch by the Design Team.   Remember to use your stamps older than a year and tell us when they joined your stash.  We also ask that you limit your challenges to ten including Retro Rubber.

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Neva: I've never seen a card made with cork, this is just amazing!!! I love how beautiful the image looks stamped on it and the fabulous and masculine little details you added, those screw brads are awesome.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great masculine card with lots of texture! Love your choice of colors, too. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neva, this masculine card rocks with all the fantastic details and textures. I bet your brother was very pleased to receive this birthday card. When I run across great masculine images, I snatch them up also... they are not as plentiful as other subjects. Fortunately for my Dad, I can use a lot of gardening or bird themes since he is avid with it. As for my husband, I just recently got the biplane that SU has in its Sale-A-Bration catalog. Since he is a private pilot, it was perfect for him. Anyway, I digress...
    Great card, team mate!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh Neva, I love this, the texture just makes me want to reach out and touch it. I love the torn strips of paper. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creativity is through the roof! I just want to reach out and touch the different textures. Reminds me of fabric and lace. Love your color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hired to do all of my masculine cards! This one is cool and I love that cork! The image is really cool - I really had to look at it to figure it out. Colors - some of my favorites. And the explanation of how you made it - awesome! As I said - you are hired!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!