We are close to the end of April but I am sure that rain is still in the forecast for many parts of our audience. The challenge for the next fortnight at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges is April Showers. The Design Team has created some lovely cards, so do stop by the blog and leave some love!
I found this lovely House Mouse image that not only incorporates the April Showers but also depicts the May Flowers with the sweet Dandelion umbrella that Monica is holding to protect her from the rain. I continue to practice with my new colors of Chameleon pens. It is so much fun to have a palette of 50 colors to choose from!
1. Spritz Goosebumps on Bristol weight board and set aside to dry.
2. Stamp Stampendous' Rain Flower image in Memento Tuxedo Black on Bristol weight board and color with the following Chameleon pens using different fuse times to change the tone of the ink. NU2 Light Pink, CG5 Cool Grey 5, YL2 Summer Sun, BL2 Baby Blue, and YG3 Spring Meadow.
3. Die cut image with Elizabeth Crafts Designs Stitched Circles.
4. Highlight rain drops with irRESISTable Pico Embellisher in Shimmer and set aside to dry.
5. Die cut Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle from yellow cardstock. Die cut Sizzlets Tag, Crescent from Bristol board and yellow cardstock.
6. Stamp sentiment on tag in Versa Magic Aegean Blue and heat emboss with clear embossing powder using Technique Tuesdays Say It Hugs and Say It Happy sets. Adhere yellow backing tag and add an eyelet. Loop three strands of baker’s twine through the eyelet.
7. Apply Versa Magic Aegean Blue to Goosebumps background with an ink dauber.
8. Wrap baker’s twine around background and secure, and adhere sentiment tag.
9. Trim yellow background and adhere to A6 card base and use dimensional adhesive to adhere background. Adhere image backed with scalloped circle background
Have some fun and create a project that depicts April showers and share it with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!
I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Sassy Studio Designs #330 Tic-Tac-Toe (Faux stitching, flowers, sentiment)