Saturday, March 11, 2017

Guest Designer for Joy Clair


I am delighted to be invited to join Joy Clair as a Guest Designer for the month of March.  There are so many wonderful stamps sets in their Color by Faith Bible Journaling stamp line, it was hard to choose which to work with first!  Joyful Noise is a great set that can be used with so many passages, especially those of the Psalms.  I was drawn to the wonderful guitar and look forward to using it in Bible Journaling as well as for cards for my musical family and friends. 

  
 I choose to journal Psalms 13:8 with the Joyful Noise set focusing on the “Your Praise will ever be on my lips”.  My personal preference for Bible journaling is that I like to be able to read the other passages on the page and so it is more clean and simple.  




I started by stamping the guitar on a piece of brown Mulberry paper I had in my stash.  I used Brilliance ink in Coffee Brown with an accent of Brilliance in Rocket Red.  The Rocket Red was applied with an Imagine Fantastix Brush Tip.  This is a great little tool to use when coloring with inks. 
  














 
The image was fussy cut, then adhered with Glue Dots Vellum Adhesive.  What a perfect way to create a light-weight embellishment!  I also like that the reverse side of the page is ready for journaling as well.















 
Once I had the guitar adhered I moved the remaining images around on the page to see what I could fit. It was easy to use an acrylic block to lift them up and have the placement already set for the majority of the musical notes.  The sentiment and heart swirl image are stamped in Brilliance in Rocket Red.  The musical notes are stamped in Brilliance Galaxy Gold.  The Brilliance inks are pigment based and need to be heat set with a heat gun, or allowed to air dry before closing the Bible to prevent transfer. 

The verse Psalms 13:6 “I will sing the Lord’s praise, for he has been good to me” is underlined with Memento Dual Tip marker in Lady Bug. 

There are many other Psalms I plan to use the Joyful Noise set with in the future.  Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your time reflecting on God’s word.



Remember I’ve decided to offer a bit of blog candy to my loyal readers and followers.  I will draw a name at the end of March from my followers who comment on any of my posts by March 31st.  Click either method to the left to become a follower or follow Snippets of Time via email.  I have a few things in my stash that need new homes, both new and gently used.  So, hang out with me during March, follow the blog, and comment on your favorite blog posts.  To win the blog candy you must comment and be a follower, or follow via email.  Thanks, and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!