Thursday, February 8, 2018

Love Challenge for Quick Quotes


Quick Quotes has a very seasonal challenge for you, the theme is Love, perfect for February!  Neva, here to share my take on the challenge.  I had some fantastic photos from last year’s Christmas photo shot that I wanted to scrap, my two boys.  The lighting was perfect, we had a little snow on the ground, and for a change the boys were cooperative!   



I love the B side of many of the papers Quick Quotes manufactures, and Spring Showers is no exception.  I started with Spring Showers 102, as the white-washed wood background was a perfect base for the photos.  To add a splash of color I used Spring Showers 104 to create mats and die cut the accents.  The B side of Spring Showers 100 is a calm blue and is used to create shaped mats for the photos with a border and corner punch set.  The final accent is Spring Showers 103, using both sides to create a patterned strip across the page. 



A few details from the layout, first here is the behind the scenes look at my matted photos.  Because I like to use many layers of paper on my layouts my albums tend to get really heavy.  To avoid extra weight, I trim away parts behind the photos that don’t show, and as a bonus I have pretty paper to create die cuts, companion pages, journal cards, or greeting cards at a later date.



Forever and a day, K75 vellum strip provided part of the title.  I carefully trimmed the section and inked the back with Tropical Punch before backing it with a trimmed section of Spring Showers 100.



A close up the background strip and the shaped mat for the photos shows how Burmuda and Key Largo PowderPuff Chalking inks adds just a little bit of extra dimension to the layout.



The pattern in Spring Showers 104 is so subtle in the heart die cut.  I also edged the entire page in Burmuda. 

I am very pleased with the final look of the layout.  The photos are highlighted with just the right combination of colors from the Spring Showers collection.

Quick Quotes Products
Spring Showers (Coming Soon)
PowderPuff Chalking Inks:  Bermuda, Key Largo, and Tropical Punch

Other Products

Heart die from Impression Obsession DIL056-J

Love die from Momenta

Boys Rule die from Echo Park

CK Typist font from Quickutz

Cherish corner and border punch from Martha Stewart

Thank for stopping by the blog today, it is a joy to share with you a page about loving my boys!  

Neva


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout and such handsome young men too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neva, another fabulous layout with your two handsome boys, love the use of dies to create shapes and lettering around the photos. :O)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!