Monday, November 24, 2014

Clean and Simple Thanksgiving Card


So close to Thanksgiving and I thought I would share another Thanksgiving card with you.  This time I went directly to the leftover’s in my yet to be put away scraps bin.  I had a blast making this card,  HappyThanksgiving;  which incidentally was the Design Team’s favorite over at Crafting By Designs in the Give Thanks Challenge. I had a few leaves and some Gelato colored Bristol card stock that quickly become this wonderful card to send to our daughter who is away at college and unable to come home for Thanksgiving. 



1.     I started with a Recollections 6-Bar Kraft card base.  A yellow-gold scrap trimmed to 4 ¼” x 5 ½“ was pressure embossed with Darice Foliage embossing folder and adhered to the center of the card.
2.     A section of the Gelato colored card stock was trimmed to 4” x 5” then I marked 2” from the top edge to draw pencil lines to a diagonal cut.  I trimmed the edges away.  (I also used the trimmed triangles as practice sections for the stamping.)
3.     Another scrap was trimmed to 1” and laid down the center of the Gelato piece.  I hand trimmed the edges to match.
4.     Technique Tuesday’s Hanging by a Thread provided a quick stamped image of stitching along the edges.  The Gelato section is stamped in StazOn Saddle Brown, and the dark red card stock is stamped in Timber Brown.  The “Thanksgiving” sentiment is from Technique Tuesday’s Say It Happy stamp set and is also stamped in Saddle Brown.
5.     I die cut the Technique Tuesday Say It Happy die in Kraft and red.  My favorite glue to use when adhering tiny die cut words is Quickie Glue pen by Sakura. 
6.     The oak leaf is left over from the card mentioned above and is made with Gelato colored brown card stock, Heartfelt Creations Leaf Medley Pre-cut stamp, and Spellbinders Foliage die cut. 

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

As always, thank you for stopping by and enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful bright colours perfect for the time of year :) Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this time and good luck. NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was fun to use leftovers for a Thanksgiving card!

      Delete
  2. The dry embossed background is a great backdrop for the stripes! Thanks for joining us at The Cutting Edge Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was finding your challenge, I am sad I only got to do one! Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  3. What a shame your DD won't be able to make it home for Thanksgiving but she'll totally love this card! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanksgiving is the MOST expensive time of year to buy airline tickets . . . AZ is a little bit away from OR, but she will be home in 2 1/2 weeks for a month for her Christmas Break!

      Delete
  4. This is lovely! I adore the colors and the fabulous texture! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Adding texture is a favorite finishing touch of mine.

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty Autumn card! Thanks so much for sharing in our Leftovers challenge this week, and please join us again soon.
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    P.S. I would love to have you stop by and also play along with us at Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes each week. I hope to see you there! www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, and I will be over to WordArtWednesday soon! Love the concept, scripture based cards are always a blessing to make and receive!

      Delete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!