Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Retro Rubber Challenge Blog Tag You're It


Time for a new challenge over at Retro Rubber ChallengeBlog, create a tag or use one on a project.  Our rules are easy to follow, just use a stamp that you have owned for at least a year, follow the prompt, and link directly to the post highlighting the project.  Come join the fun!



For a time tags were all the rage, and Making Memories even came out with a Tag Maker system.  There were plenty of pre-made tags to choose from as well.  The traditional office tags in many sizes, tags cut using a Coluzzle, small tags die cut dies, and Making Memories tags like this one.  I experimented with a few tags before I settled on this Making Memories tag because the sentiment fit perfectly in the size.



The card base is pink card stock trimmed to 9” x 6 ½” folded in half.  The bottom layer of green card stock was trimmed to 4 ¼” x 6 1/4” and the bottom edge is punched with a Fiskars edger punch that was one of the first ones I owned.  Love this little scalloped edge.  The next layer of Kraft cardstock was pressure embossed with Darice Butterflies embossing folder and trimmed to 4” x 5 ½”.  These layers were adhered with 1/16” dimensional foam adhesive. 

I have many butterfly images I purchased in about 1997 along with the sentiment.  Butterflies are a favorite of my Grandma, my Mom and myself!  This image is by Distinctive Impressions.  It is stamped in Tsukineko Versa Magic Aloe Vera on light pink card stock and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The butterfly is watercolored with Jacquard Pearl Ex pigments mixed with Gum Arabic.  The Gum Arabic is a fixative to allow the pigment to be used as a watercolor.  Other brands have the fixative already added.  I used Duo Green Yellow on the body of the butterfly and Flamingo Pink and Interference Violet on the wings.  It is hard to photograph how the wings shimmer and change colors as you shift the card.   The image is fussy cut removing the antennae.  A little piece of craft wire is fashioned to make new antennae that are a little sturdier that paper.

The Where the Rubber Hits the Road sentiment is stamped in Tsukineko Versa Magic Aloe Vera on the Making Memories tag and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I added three complementary colors and textures of fibers to finish the tag.  The butterfly image and tag are adhered with dimensional foam adhesive. 

Please do come and add your creation using your Retro Rubber and a tag at Retro Rubber Challenge Blog!  

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely card! I love your butterfly and the embossed background is wonderful! I think I had ribbon of that kind many moons ago and loved it! Thanks for a wonderful card and bringing back some memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Neva, love that background. The sentiment is so sweet. I too love a butterfly :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the textures and colors, Neva. The butterfly is wonderful and I love the fibers on the tag. Good job on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - all those butterflies!! That sentiment on that cute little tag - perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag....love the sentiment and the soft colors, Neva! Thanks for having me as a GD this week, too! Hugs,
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!