Wednesday, June 24, 2015

By the Seashore at Ruby's Rainbow Challenges


I am pleased to announce that I am now on the design team for Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges.  Our challenge for the next fortnight is By the Seashore.  Come play along and enter your project by July 8th.  Stop by the blog and check out what the DT have created to inspire you!



This card features an image of an iconic Oregon Coast landmark, Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach.  It is an amazing monolith very close to the shoreline.  I believe the image is from Stamp Cabana.  The front images are by Art Impressions.  I used a stamp positioner and masking technique shown in this blog post, Tie It on Birthday Card

The images are stamped in Tsukineko StazOn Jet Black on white card stock and then colored with a variety of Rexel Derwent Watercolor pencils: Dark Violet, Crimson Lake, Orange Chrome, Deep Cadmium, Golden Brown, Cooper Beech, and Brown Ochre.  The Niji water pen does a great job blending and finishing the watercolor technique.

The frame is brown molted Mulberry Paper that I have had in my stash for at least 15 years, but perfect for this card!  To get a rolled edge I used wooden skewers from the kitchen trimmed to fit inside the frame.  The Mulberry paper is adhered to Kraft cardstock.  The edges were adhered with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.  Just a thin line goes a long way!  The outer frame is white card stock colored with Rexel Derwent Watercolor pencils to match the interior scene and extend the idea of a sunset at the seashore.   The layers are attached to a Kraft card stock base.

Creating the rolled edge frame
I hope that this has inspired you to make your own By the Seashore project and join us over at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Neva i love how you have done the edges, welcome to the team
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic card! it is amazing, how you created the frame!

    Hugs and kisses from germany,
    Silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely water colored scene! And your frame is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!