Sunday, August 9, 2015

Anything But a Card Challenge #50 Celebration


Ah summer time!  A time to celebrate being outdoors in the sunshine!  I’ve been spending a lot of time with my family outdoors this summer and not much time in my craft cave.  This month at Anything But a Card our theme is Celebrate, so I choose to celebrate the summer season with this cheery pillow box gift holder.



To add shimmer and color at the same time I choose to use Imagine Crafts Fireworks mists in Dandelion, Tangelo, and Lady Bug.  To get more of a water color effect I sprayed them on my craft mat and laid the white card stock over the top and used a brayer to evenly distribute the ink.  After a little drying time I cut the card stock to 6” x 6” and used the We R Memory Keepers Pillow Box Punch Board to make the box. 

The cute sun with sunglasses image is one I’ve had forever made by American Art Stamp.  It is stamped in Tsukineko Memento in Tuxedo Black.  It also decorates the back of the pillow box.  The lips were colored with Memento Dual Tip Marker in Lady Bug and the sunglasses are colored with Tangelo.  The sun's rays are colored with Dandelion, Cantaloupe, and Tangelo.  It is great when you use the same product line as all the colors work together nicely.   Memento Luxe Love Letter is used to stamp the sentiments and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  “Celebrate” is by Scrappy Cat in the Birthday Wishes set and “Summer” is by All Night Media in the Rubber Stamp Poet set.

I must say it has been so fun and a great honor to be part of the #Cre8time Challenges as a member of the Anything But a Card Challenges Design Team.  I have stretched my creative boundaries, made new friends, and learned so much.  Thanks so much for the journey.  My favorite challenge was most likely the one I worked on until the wee hours to complete . . . the Advent Calendar for Novemeber's Anthing Goes Challenge.  Please join us in the final challenge for ABAC and enter your project that reflects CELEBRATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!