Sunday, October 4, 2015

Housewarming Card


Just a quick post this afternoon to share a card I made for a friend’s housewarming.  He is an older gentleman who has a definite style and would appreciate a handmade card.



I started with an A2 size card in white and topped it with Core’dinations Black Magic red card stock from a 6” x 6” stack.  It was pressure embossed with Darice’s Brick Pattern embossing folder and sanded to have the color show through.  Does a great job of imitating bricks I think!  The red side of the card stock was stamped with Technique Tuesday’s “Home is where the heart is” stamp set in Tsukinkeo Tuxedo Black.  To make the house (from the same set) pop a bit more on the design it is stamped on white card stock and fussy cut.  These panels are adhered with dimensional adhesive. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great fall!  I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:


3 comments:

  1. I love the embossing backround and those little things. So glad you joined us at QKR Stampede this week, Pirjo DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic "housewarming" card! Awesome embossing...it does look like real bricks! Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede!

    Brenda DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Artistic Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!