Monday, May 15, 2017

Guest Designer for Paper Girls--Yellowstone Road Trip

I was asked to do a Guest Designer Gig for Paper Girls, and I had a blast creating this two page layout with the recipe for the challenge!



What a fun challenge to use 4 patterned papers, 3 wooden elements, 2 inks and 1 stamp!  I started by looking at the wooden elements I had in my stash and came up with these fun Little Yellow Bicycle Travel wood shapes.  I recently acquired Die Cuts With a View Adventurer paper collection, so with those choices in mind I decided to create a two page layout of our quick trip through Yellowstone National Park.  We made a last minute side trip into Yellowstone and hit the major sites in just 6 or 7 hours!  The papers picked up the reds and oranges nicely and complemented the other colors of nature nicely.  I had a great amount to say in my journaling, so the computer was the best way to accomplish that task.  The edges of the papers are inked with Memento Luxe Morocco ink.  The “1-stamp” is the title, and is actually Junkitz Sketchy alphabet along with Fiskars When In Roam set.  These images are also stamped with Memento Luxe Morocco ink.  The internal parts of the letters were colored in with a second ink in Peanut Brittle from a Memento Dual Tip Marker.  It was difficult to narrow down just a few photos, but I think I captured that quick Road Trip through Yellowstone nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!