Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Festive Christmas Colors

We have a very seasonal challenge at Retro Rubber Blog Challenge!  Check out the cool creations of the design team.


For this challenge, I had my heart set on using an Altenew set called Poinsettia & Pine from 2015.




I started by stamping all the images in Memento Luxe Tuxedo Black and heat embossing with clear embossing powder.  I tapped a bit of Fireworks! spray on my craft mat and did a bit of water coloring with the pretty sparkly sprays.  I used Rhubarb Stalk, Bamboo Leaves, and Desert Sand.  To change up the color at bit I added in some Northern Pine Memento Luxe ink to the green and Peanut Brittle into the Desert Sand, this a really great way to expand your color palate.  A bit of shimmer vellum was pressure embossed with Cuttlebug Polka Dots backs the images.  The spare piece that was trimmed off becomes strip to complete the sketch and add the sentiment.  Olive Green Memento Luxe with iridescent embossing powder stamp the sentiment by The Stamps of Life to finish off the card.  

Have some fun and join us at Retro Rubber with your own Christmas color project!

I would like to enter the following challenges:



6 comments:

  1. Oh, Neva, this is beautiful!! I love the very pretty stamps and the layers with texture was spot on for this card. Happy Holidays to you and your family, Neva!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! I love the coloring and texture. Thank you for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered how you'd made that background! I thought you must have stencilled it but it's much better than that! It's a lovely card - the layout is fabulous and so are the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Neva! I think this has to be one of my favorite card for you! Love the idea with the vellum! I am going to have to give that a try! Beautiful and elegant! Just like you! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Jane on this, I think this is my fave of all of your cards this year. It is so elegant and I love the vellum trick, need to roadtest that! The pop of colour from the Poinsettia is perfect. Merry Christmas to your and yours. Clairex

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, they make me smile to know you enjoy my creativity! Thank you!